Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

DAILY BOOM! 1-9-14

“Don’t lay a hand on the boy!” the angel said. “Do not hurt him in any way, for now I know that you truly fear God. You have not withheld from me even your son, your only son.” (Genesis 22:12 NLT)

I can only come close to imagining the thoughts, feelings and pain that Abraham was experiencing. Watching Isaac carry the wood while still being the protective Father, carrying the knife and fire pot, himself.

Nevertheless, surpassing his love for his son, was his love, obedience and trust in God.

It was that love, that obedience and that trust that brought about the life and blessing of so many.

“This is what the Lord says: Because you have obeyed me and have not withheld even your son, your only son, I swear by my own name that I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies. And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.” (Genesis 22:16-18 NLT)

The God who blessed Abraham and all those after, would go on to give the greatest blessing of all, when he gave HIS only Son.

What would you willingly surrender to God out of your love, obedience and trust in Him?

I pray that I would be counted among those faithful and obedient, like Abraham.

No comments: