Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

DAILY BOOM! - Oh the Thoughts We Think

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalms 19:14 NLT)

There was a time, when I was a younger man, that I developed a bit of a foul mouth. It was during some rebellious years and even then, as the words would leave my lips, I would feel the twinge of the Holy Spirit's conviction.

All Glory to Jesus, it's probably been a decade since I uttered a foul word and it's been a long time since I even thought about one.

But I think this verse goes far deeper than the language we use or don't use. I believe our attitude, our mood and our countenance can be pleasing or displeasing to God.

What do we find our minds dwelling on during the day? Are we worried and fretting over some situation or are we continually meditating on the goodness of God and turning our circumstances over to him?

In times of trouble, it's easy to find ourselves going through the day feeling, thinking and acting defeated.

But, the truth is, our enemy is defeated, I am NOT. We do have victory in Jesus Christ, so we should think like it, speak like it and act like it.

I asked God to help me guard my thoughts and be careful of the thoughts I think, because I want my thoughts to please him.

No comments: