Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DAILY BOOM! Compassion When It's Inconvenient

Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. (Matthew 14:14 NLT)

His cousin, a close family member, the one about whom Jesus spoke when he said, "Of all who have ever lived, there is none greater" had just been killed. I imagine that Jesus' heart was broken, he was mourning; however, even though he wanted to get away by himself, his compassion for people kept him on the mission of his earthly life. 

There have been times when I wanted to be alone. I didn't want to care, be concerned or have compassion toward others. And there have been times when I have followed through on those desires, in rebellion against God's mission for my life. But the love and compassion of Christ is relentless. 

No matter what we are going through, if we choose to be compassionate, even when it's not convenient, God's power will be manifested in us and through us all the more. In our weakness, HE is strong.

Some of the greatest moments of God's ministry through me have occurred when I was at my worst, when it was inconvenient, when I wanted to be alone and when I felt that I had nothing to offer. This past year, there were ministry moments that I don't even remember or remember fully, where God's power was manifested greatly.

No matter your lot today, choose to show Christ's compassion and watch what he can do through you and, subsequently, in you.

No comments: