Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Door Shopping

Yeah, I know, our humble little house does need a few doors replaced; however, I promise that this post isn't going to be about some excursion to Home Depot or Lowes.

OK, so if I'm not writing about physical doors that you can touch, install or paint, what am I writing about? For most of my life and especially in ministry, God has directed Robin and I by the closing of doors. Some slowly creaked shut on their hinges while others busted our noses as they slammed closed.

Two weeks ago another door closed for us as I experienced a lay-off from my secular employment. Just so you know, this isn't a first, it's not even a second or a third for me. However, we're not panicked, we know this territory and, more importantly, we know who owns this territory!

That owner is God and as Robin and I have been seeking him, he has given us a general direction towards a door in which to walk. The door's name is ministry. When? Where? How? Why? No clue! Why don't we have the answers? Because those answers are found on the other side of that door!

So, aside from the comments made by those that I choose to believe are genuinely concerned for our well-being, Robin and I truly believe that our obedient response to this situation is to press on in ministry wherever and whenever God leads. I believe that frustration in ministry as well as in life often occurs when we stick our foot in the way of a door that God wants to close or when we refuse to walk through a door that he is opening for us.

So, please pray with us that God would give us keen spiritual ears to hear the sound of door hinges - the sound of doors closing and doors opening. Robin and I don't want to miss either!

Until God's Holy Spirit shows us which door of ministry he has for us, we will keep walking the path he last showed us and...

Keep Door Shopping!

No comments: