Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mr. Cellophane

Yesterday, I returned home from a minister's conference and business meeting held near Columbus, Ohio. While there, I heard from and learned from great speakers while building friendships with a number of fellow ministers.

During the two days a running joke developed between a few friends of mine and I. On Monday, a fellow pastor, who I have met several times, re-introduced himself to me while I was standing with a few others. We talked for several minutes and went our separate ways. A few hours later the same pastor walked up to me and stated that he didn't think we had met and introduced himself again. OK. By then I was looking for a camera, thinking that this had to be some sort of joke. No camera, no joke. The only joke, between my friends and I, was that I was invisible and subsequently could not be remembered.

After the next evening's service, I was standing in the back of the room praying in my usual fashion- pacing back and forth. Two pastors approached me and one of them proceeded to run into me. I stepped aside and continued my prayer-walk. Within a minute someone else bumped into me. I began to question, (cue the little pity party)"What am I made of, cellophane? I prayed, "God, it's like no one even sees me." God's response was immediate to my heart, "Good, then they will only see My Son!" Wham! Isn't that what people are supposed to see when they look our way? Am I there yet? NO-WAY!

For the rest of the conference, I made it a point to seek out, speak to, visit with and pray for anyone seeming to be alone. WOW! It was amazing how the presence of the Holy Spirit would move in each situation.

What are you made of? When people look at you, do they see Jesus?

No comments: