Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Worst Enemy

Instead of asking, "Why do today what I can do tomorrow?" I should be asking. "Why am I not doing this today so I won't have to do it along with what I have to do tomorrow?"

This is a killer for me! God has been really dealing with me in the area of discipline. There are things that I need to do, that I tend to push back in favor of the things I tend to do.

For instance:

I need to spend at least 1/2 hour in prayer. - I tend to hit the snooze button.
I need to be in God's Word. - I tend to browse social media - Ouch!
I need to be connecting relationally with my wife. - I tend to watch reality shows on the TV.
I need to use the treadmill. - I tend to eat more ice cream.
I need to spend quality time with each of my kids. - I tend to squander the time I have.
I need to focus on course-work. - I tend to want to take a nap.

I want to do the things that I need to do. I know that I should do the things that I need to do. I often do the things I need to do, but I know that I can do those things far more often.

The things I need to do would be a lot easier if "I" would get out of the way. "I" am my own worst enemy.

MORE OF HIM - less of me

No comments: