Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Ice Cream and God's Word


I love ice cream! Always have, always will. I love to eat it, look at it, blog about it and I probably even dream about it! (If you ever want to get me something that you'll know I'll like - think ICE CREAM) After lunch today, I was putting some things back into the fridge and happened to open the freezer. Wanting a sweet treat, I began digging through the various choices. "Nah, had that yesterday." "Nope, had that 3 times this week." Then I saw it!

Shafts of light were beaming out of it and an angelic choir was singing as I reached in to take hold of this treasure! Ok. Not really. However, there in my freezer was a half-gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream! How long had it been in there? Why hadn't I noticed it?


Perhaps it was because that, until then, I hadn't been looking for it. God's Word is a lot like that. It is only when we begin to search it that we can experience its treasures. So many times we sift through the boring, mundane and familiar stuff in the freezer of our lives, wanting something new and fresh. We say, "life is boring." Or. "I'm bored" Let me ask you. Where is your Bible today, have you searched it's treasures? There is nothing boring about being met by God in his Word. Dig through the busyness of your life and spend time with God, I promise that you'll find a treasure!
One bummer - My bowl of ice cream didn't last as long as it took me to write this - ha!

No comments: