Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Help! My Waistline Is Being Sabotaged

I did it! I have successfully made the switch from regular soda to the diet variety, thanks to the tolerable taste of the Coke-Zero line. I have been pleased with myself, having maintained a weight that is 10 pounds less than what I weighed at the beginning of the year. I had been trying to eat sensibly - sticking with one serving at meals. Then it appeared!

What is it, you ask? It seems that Grace Fellowship's food ministry had a surplus of cookie dough and chocolate milk (which would have expired before our next distribution date). Some of this has found its way into our refrigerator and freezer.

Arrrgh! Big problem! I love eating cookie dough. I know that it is in the fridge, beckoning to me with it's gooey goodness. I realize that Robin brought it home to make cookies, but as of this minute, all 10 pounds of it remains in it's irresistible raw form.

The books I'm currently reading deal with the issues of leading a disciplined life. I have been challenged like I have never been challenged as I read them. There is so much room for improvement in that area of my life. I need to be more disciplined with my time - with God, my family, my friends and my calling. But just like the cookie dough, there is always someone or something beckoning to me - distracting me from the good things that I listed. I have found that the more I give in, the more behind and undisciplined I become.

There comes a time in life when you just have to, either, say no or not now to some things. Right now, I need to say, "no" to the cookie dough! My waistline depends on it.

In what part of your life do you need to be more disciplined?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad. On the same day we both managed to get the word "arrrgh" into our blogs.

Perchance we have both drawn from the depths of the poetic well.

Dave Kidd said...

Arghh is a word? I thought it was a noise :)

Anonymous said...

I just think it is funny that you are both saying Arrgh over weight loss and not eating good foods. Thanks Dave for making me crave cookie dough. :)

Kelly

Dave Kidd said...

Funny, how I can write with spiritual depth and receive no comments, but mention food and BAM - Comments... :)