Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Got Faith?


Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear . Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. Luke 12:22-31 NIV (See Also Matthew 6:33)
Have you ever been tempted to question God and ask him if you are where he wants you to be? You know, those times when you are in a battle and doubts and fears arise.
With our employer cutbacks, money has been tight and Robin and I were concerned about our bills this month. This morning, the telephone rang. Robin answered it and talked with someone who said that God had told them to pay our van payment this month! I do not think this person even knew we had a van payment. Thank You God!
God's provision never ceases to amaze me. Even though I still get concerned, I think that concern gets less and less severe each time God provides. That's how we grow in faith. We look back and can say that, "God met me there!" Then we can look at the obstacle in front of us and declare that, "God will meet me here!"
If we continue to put God and his Kingdom first in our lives, God will do the rest. How do I know? He says so in his Word and I have faith to believe it! Got Faith?

No comments: