Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Walk


Today my family and I went to our family reunion. While there, our daughter Kaitlin (7) and I went for a walk on the trails. As we started toward the trail, Kaitlin immediately grabbed my hand in hers. At one point, she ran ahead of me, all-the-while looking back to see if I was giving chase (I was). She wouldn't get to far ahead before she would turn around and run back to me with open arms, wanting a hug. The question that kept running through my mind was, "What have I done to deserve this blessing?"


On our way back to the park, we talked as we walked along, I told her that even when she grows up and is married, she will ALWAYS be my little girl. My "sweetie girl". With that, I was awarded several more hugs!


How often do we take the time to walk and talk with our heavenly Father? Many times we are tempted to run ahead, and even when we do, Jesus always give chase. At any time, we can run to His arms. The real joy is found when we choose to walk with Him, staying by His side. It is then that He speaks and sings over us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having just received a big hug from my little girl makes your post all the more relevant.

Unknown said...

This is a good analogy! Love it.