Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Week

Couples
This past week has been full of so many great things. Even with all the busyness of life, the time I have spent with my wife and our kids has been priceless.

Robin has this knack for taking things that most would consider average and mundane and making them into a great experience and a lasting memory. Even going grocery shopping with her is a great time for me.

May is a busy month for us. With our anniversary and my birthday and Memorial day falling so close together, we tend to make it a week long party. This week, beyond the Memorial Day cookout/ Birthday Party, one of my most cherished moments was the opportunity for Robin and I to go to lunch at Jalisco's and then to snuggle in bed for a half-hour during the afternoon, and do absolutely nothing! No phone calls and no errands to run or places to go.

Connecting with my Dad was an added joy, as his schedule now allows frequent visits. It was great to have our family and my father seated around a table at ROADHOUSE enjoying some great steaks while watching Franklin Gutierrez hit a grand slam for the Tribe. Jalisco's and Roadhouse in the same day - no wonder I'm fat.

The ministry that God has called me to, often has me helping couples overcome the barriers that keep them from loving life together the way God has intended. Even with all of our faults, failures and problems Robin's and my life together is exciting and full of love. I often find myself questioning the thoughts behind the problems that other couples have. Sometimes, I really don't get it.

No comments: