Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Think My Boys Are Getting It!

friends
Last night, my oldest boys and I, responded to an invitation to go to a surprise "last overnight chemo party" for my son Brandon's best friend. We went to the hospital and surprised his friend - the look on his face when we walked in was priceless.

I was especially excited that the boys were willing to give-up their youth group night to go and minister through laughs, activities and friendship with a guy who has been through so much and is doing great! They are beginning to develop that Kingdom mindset that places others over one's own self.

It was great, pool balls were hit so hard, that they flew off of the table, we looked for a mop head to put on his portable IV stand (we thought better of it and didn't actually do it) and we named it Dolly. Every time it beeped, someone would say, "Shut-up Dolly".

My boys also learned lessons of being thankful for their health. We saw some sad sights, but also saw triumph over adversity. Did the boys miss youth group? Yes. However, I think what they took away from the visit and how our visit touched the life of a great friend, was every bit as good.

Yep, I think, they're getting it!

No comments: