Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Perceptions - I'm short!

not tall
I've been at the Ohio District Council for the past two days. Last night, as I was leaving the auditorium, this, much taller, larger and unfamiliar guy says my name and reaches to shake my hand. Apparently my loss of any recollection as to his identity was manifested on my face. Frankly, I was startled. I'm used to just breezing through these things in obscurity. Finally, Gary Fowler struck a pose that depicted the pose posted on this guy's blog so I could identify who this guy was. AH! It was Andy Warren.





It's one thing to be physically shorter than most of the guys who I'm acquainted with around the district. But these events have a way of making one feel smaller, intellectually, socially and even spiritually. It's a very different feeling when you are surrounded by giants of the faith all the while they are towering over me physically. There is one guy, who is physically shorter than I am, but spiritually, he dwarfs me too.





But God is faithful. As I was leaving the service tonight, someone pulled me aside and spoke life into my spirit and confirmed my calling. I love it when that happens, especially when its someone you never met. I left that encounter with a new perception of someone - myself.



No comments: