Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Glad God is God

I was reading in Genesis today about God's conversations ( how cool is that in itself) with Abram/Abraham. I was fascinated by the patience God showed him and his wife. In the account of Abraham's life, we see him saying and doing much of the same things we would say and do. What? Why? How? When? All of these are either verbalized or inferred in those passages in Genesis.

What if God moved quicker - caved in to Abraham's desires and Abraham's timetable? Wow, what a mess that would be. We read a little of that with the whole Hagar thing. Now that would be a touchy camp - "Awkward"

God is patient for a reason. He can see what we can't. I'm glad for his guidance and when you tend to be impatient like me, I'm thankful for his patience.

No comments: