Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wiser Words...

I was reading someones blog today and was reminded of the apostle Paul's words in Philippians 1:21 (NIV), which reads "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." As I meditated on those words, the meaning began to resonate in my mind and spirit. I've been holding on to so many things, being a lover of many things in this world. Not necessarily bad things, but things which take my focus away from Christ.

Thinking back over the last few years, I must admit that I haven't always felt very happy and certainly not content. Might this be a part of the transforming process that isn't intended to make me happy, but instead, make me holy.

As much as I love my wife, my kids, my church and calling, I am beginning to be able to say with Paul - "I want to go home."

What are you living for?

No comments: