Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Important or Urgent

I had breakfast this morning with a great Christian brother. It was so refreshing to step away from the busyness of life and just relax, eat and talk. We talked about plans, dreams, desires, current realities and our hope for the future.

After a while our conversation turned into a intriguing discussion about Biblical prophecy and the recent prophecy/warning issued by David Wilkerson . This discussion brought me to a few questions. In light of current events and, discerning the time in which we live, has my focus been on the important rather than the urgent? Have I been so caught up in the "How" that I have allowed it to overshadow the "Why" of kingdom advancement?

Sure, I still desire to be in full-time ministry and I perceive my calling to be very important; however, encouraging people to be prepared for the coming days and, ultimately, for our Lord Jesus Christ's return is urgent. I need to place the greater emphasis on reaching people rather than the capacity or role in which I reach them.

Are you focusing on the important or the urgent?

No comments: