Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Green and Purple? Those Colors Do Not Match!


I printed 100 wedding invitations with matching envelopes today. When I looked at the order and figured the formulas to mix the inks, I realized that I would end up with a "booger" green and a dirty purple. Yeah, those are the colors I envision when I think of a wedding - NOT!


I printed the green first - a floral pattern. It looked OK. But a purple text overprint? I had my doubts. I mixed the purple without as much black base as the formula called for and inked-up the press.


Guess what? The dark purple accented the green and the invitation really popped! I got to thinking. That is similar to what Christ does for us. Without him, we are plain, often doubted by our self and others and ugly in our sins. He covers us with his royalty, completes us and through him, the color of our life can pop!
I can relate to "booger green". I was once ugly inside; however, through Christ, my life has meaning and purpose. As long as those invitations stay in one piece - with the green alongside the purple, they will remain beautiful. In the same way if you and I stay at the side of Christ, our lives will be testimonies of his power and grace. Now, that's a match!


How has Christ brightened the color of your life? I would love to read your comments!




No comments: