Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

You'd Better Watch Out

You'd better watch out. You'd better not cry. You'd better not pout, I'm telling you why... Because you never know who's watching you! The other morning I was getting a French Vanilla Capp and just as I turned away from the cashier to leave, I saw a familiar face. A young Christian brother had spotted me pulling into the store's parking lot and had walked across the street to see me. It was great to see him and catch up a little while standing out in the cold.

This event got me thinking. We may not know when we are being watched by a person that knows us; however God sees us at all times. In my life, though I do not nearly always succeed, I try to please God. Still, I don't ever want to do anything that would cause another Christian to stumble or bring dishonor to the name of Jesus.

I'll be honest, I'm so glad that there wasn't someone in front of me at the cashier's line who was buying lottery tickets. The look on my face and my body language may not have been a pleasant display for this brother to see. I was reminded of the importance of having the right thoughts and attitude, because, out of our those things, come our actions.

No comments: