Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Confession of a YESaholic

Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a YESaholic.

I've been mulling over the location of the definitive line between having a servant's heart and not being able to say "no".

On one hand scripture gives a mandate - IE: "Do not grow weary in doing good".
On the other hand, scripture also mandates rest.

I've come to one conclusion, when I get to the point in which I begin to do whatever it is I do poorly, than I must begin to say no to some things. I enjoy being busy and I never want to slight anyone who needs help; however, when I begin to stress over every minute of everyday for numerous days on end, then something has to change.

I like how Psalm 46:10 starts. "Be still, and know that I am God. There are some days ahead during which I will do just that.

No comments: