Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

From The WORD


The other night I called a good friend and told him about some circumstances that we're going through. I asked him to pray with us through this trial. He responded with an age-old saying that says. "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" Of course he added, "If you've already tied a knot, keep holding on to it."

The next morning, my devotions landed me in Matthew 5. I'm doing my devotions this year from a NIV/Message parallel Bible. In the message paraphrase of verse 3, it reads "You're blessed when your at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." My prayer that day was that God would rule in my life. That He would continue to be the center and an abiding presence in our lives.

I don't know what God will do to get us through this circumstance. But when we've done all that we can, and are clinging to a knot at the end of a rope - the rest is up to God. He is faithful!

No comments: