Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Dotting the I - It's more than just a tuba player!

I bet you think I'm going to blog about my favorite football team, by the title and the pic, that would be easy easy to assume. However this is going to have nothing to do with OSU football, the great OSU band nor the lone tuba player and his high-stepping march to the center of attention.

In my devotions the other day, I was reading Christ's words in Matthew 5:18 where it says that, "not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished". That's a powerful statement! Not even the dot of an I will become null from God's Word.

Have you ever heard anyone trying to rationalize scripture to fit their current situation, saying that what was written is not for today, not for them or, the worst, saying, "That's your interpretation." The beauty of this passage is that it is so straightforward. It would be a stretch to miss-interpret. In this world of "relativism" such a verse brings a head-on challenge.

God is faithful in that his Word contains the answers we all should be prepared to give. That's my prayer. "Lord, give me answers from your Word every day!

Oh, one more thing...

O-H




No comments: