Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Awake!


Like waking up from the longest dream.

How real it seemed.

Until Your love broke through.

And I was lost in a fantasy

That blinded me

Until your love broke through. (Randy Stonehill and Keith Green)


For the past month and a half, I have not felt like my normal self. A friend of mine quoted a poet and told me that I was going through a "dark night of the soul". I felt asleep, numb and out of touch.


Until Friday!


I was sitting in a tent at a Christian Music Festival, listening to a band when the Spirit of God fell over that place. I felt something tug at my heart. Later,at the David Crowder concert, I felt a complete release. The black skies parted and the SON began to shine! From that moment on, it became a party. I just started dancing and praising with the crowd of believers!


Saturday, I heard Phil Keaggy and Randy Stonehill do "Until Your Love Broke Through" The words described everything I had been experiencing. It really was like I was walking around asleep. Now I'm praising God that I'm finally awake.

No comments: