Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Smile

Last night, Robin and I went to dinner with some members of the married couples class at our church. We had a great time - despite being tired and stressed, we laughed, shared stories and enjoyed the food.

After dinner, Robin and I went grocery shopping. Since we had quite a bit of food to get, Robin suggested that I go get some items while she would keep the cart and get other things. While I walked the aisles searching for the items on my list, I decided to try an experiment. I started smiling at everyone I encountered in passing and was keeping track of all those who smiled back. It was fun.

One woman, when I smiled at her, her whole face lit up and every time I encountered her she was still smiling! However, there was this one gentleman that apparently was not about to smile in any way, shape or form.

I may never know how the simple act of smiling may have helped one of those people. It was such a little gesture, but it's power is often underestimated.

Have you smiled lately?

No comments: