Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Being Instant

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. (2 Tim 4:2 KJV)

One week is not a short notice and it certainly does not require one to be instant. For me; however, one week , is shorter than my normal prep time as I typically do not preach on a regular basis. Last night, my pastor asked me to preach next Sunday evening, a welcome opportunity.

I immediately began seeking the Lord as to what he would have me speak. This continued off and on through the night, as I prayed, thought and slept. At about 5:30 this morning, I startled Robin when I sat up in bed and said, "Wait a minute, we have "GloryBound" (a band) coming in next Sunday evening!

Don't worry, the thoughts and prayers have only helped prepare me for the next opportunity.

No comments: