Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Choking On My Own Tongue

Let your conversation be always full of grace , seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Col 4:66 NIV

Wow! What a week and here comes the weekend! Sometime back in January, I had a senior moment and scheduled two events at the church back to back. I am excited about the youth and young adult concert tonight and the huge Easter egg hunt tomorrow; however, the prep for the concert has been a monster.

The other day, I had to stop and check my attitude as I tend to strive for excellence in every ministry area. Sometimes, when things are not going as planned, I can get a little frustrated. Yet another reminder of how human I am. That check allowed me to think before I spoke and I am sure that we are much farther ahead because I held my tongue.

As we go into the weekend, I have no idea what to expect as far as numbers. I can only pray that people's lives are touched and then changed by the Holy Spirit's presence and power.

God, do something great this weekend!

No comments: