Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Love

to love another person is to see the face of God
You are probably thinking that this will be some mushy and sappy post about relationships. No, not really. Last night I had the opportunity to watch a dress rehearsal of a high school musical that our second oldest son is in. The musical is called Les Miserables and one of the final lines in the last scene claims that "to love another person is to see the face of God".

That line reminds me of the many times that Christ spoke about love while he was on the earth. He said that people will know that we are his followers by our love for one another. That when we do the simplest thing for someone else with pure motives, we are doing it as unto Christ. We are told to love our neighbor as we love our self. Love!

I'm trying to look at everything I think, say and do through the lens of love. To my embarrassment, I often cringe as I think about something I did and realize that it wasn't very loving. Jesus help me to love like you love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.