Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Community - It's Larger Than We Think

community

Yesterday, I was reminded of how important it is to make our best effort in welcoming our guests to Grace Fellowship. I was working in the office when a fellow minister from the area stopped in to introduce himself and to express his gratitude for his invitation to attend our Celebration Service, held on April 6th. He was touched at how welcome he felt and for the way we celebrated all of the churches in the area during that service.

In our conversation, I learned that he had been serving with the pastor who had founded the church that had built the amazing building that God has blessed us with. I could see his excitement at what God is doing at Grace Fellowship and for what we are praying that God will do in all of the area churches.

I think, we often forget that God's Kingdom is far greater than our own church, our fellowship or our denomination. My takeaway from this unexpected visit gave me a real sense of community, in our area and in God's Kingdom.

No comments: