Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Behind Me?

Have you ever heard someone say, "We're behind you all the way," I've had people tell me that and I always wonder, "How far behind me?"

 I mean,  if I stumble will you be close enough to catch me? Or, are you observing me from a distance? Are you so far behind me that I can't even see you or sense your presence? 

People mean well and there are those who, by their actions, have demonstrated that they are, indeed, behind me without saying the words. However, often, if we're not careful, the words easily slip off of our tongue into an abyss of good intentions.

But there is one who not only is behind us. He is in front, beside and in us through His Holy Spirit.

24 "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Proverbs 18:24

Our culture teaches us to play it safe, keep your distance, don't get too involved. But that doesn't
reflect Christ. Christ sticks close to live through us, not just for us, but for others to see. And, for others to see well, we need to be close.

Who are you behind? 

No comments: