Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DAILY BOOM! - February 26



"When I first came to you, dear brothers and sisters, I didn’t use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God’s secret plan. For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness—timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit." (1 Corinthians 2:1-4 NLT)

Paul possessed several qualities both natural and supernatural. He had a firm grasp of the scriptures to date from his years of studying and training as a Pharisee. He also was filled with the Holy Spirit and was under a powerful anointing of the same.

However, Paul had something that is lacking in many mature Christians today. Like Paul, many can exegete (interpret) scripture, determine the meaning of a passage and most of those can arrive at a correct application.

However, unlike Paul, it seems that a far lesser amount of Christ-Followers can correctly interpret their audience, the people around them.

As Christians we need to be cognizant of where people are on their journey with Christ. There are times when we need to challenge and exhort them to growth, but we must avoid giving them something that they are not ready for and in so doing, turn them away from Christ.

I desire to be like Paul. Less about me and more about the people around me. When I love and consider them over myself, I am loving Jesus.

At least that is what Jesus, himself, said...

No comments: