Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Impulsive Decisions

Yeah, I can be a little impulsive. OK, I admit it. My devotions today landed me in 1 Samuel, where David and Abishai, um, sneaked, snukked, ackk, were sneaking into Saul's camp. The impulsive Abishai, wanted to kill the sleeping Saul then and there, but David would not let him. I can hear Abishai saying, "Aw c'mon, give me just one shot!" However, it was David's respect for Saul's position and authority that prohibited him from harming Saul.

Abishai was getting ahead of God. As the account goes Saul lost his life, without blame on David or Abishai. Abishai was about to make a quick and possibly disastrous decision, one that could have not only hurt him but David and ultimately David's reign.

Robin and I are in a time of decision, I don't want to make impulsive decisions based on what I want, but what God wants. I pray that God will guide in his perfect will.

1 comment:

Andy Warren said...

Dave...I'll be praying for you! Great devo...i love it when you find nuggets of truth buried in scripture...especially when it's a guy named Abishai!