Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Doors

Door

I must admit, I've gotten used to looking at doors, especially closed, locked and even barricaded ones. Looking, watching and waiting for it to open. There is merit in waiting for the right door to open; however, when we wait for a particular door to open, wanting to go through that specific door, all the while ignoring all other doors, we may miss God's leading.

I wonder if we watch a particular door, wanting it to open because it would be easy to take that step. Maybe the door that God opens may look anything but easy. I'm reading the book, "In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" by Mark Batterson. He writes about failing God, sins of ommission and ignored opportunities. Perhaps those opportunities are the opening doors that we are choosing to ignore because they don't fit the mold we've perceived and created for ourselves. Maybe, the opening door will make us stoop low to get through the doorway - acknowledging that it is only by God's power that we can succeed in the purposes behind that door. Maybe, behind the door is the lion that has been chasing us all of our lives. Do we dare miss the opportunity to slay it?

God, help me to walk where and when you lead, help me to face my fears and give you all the praise and glory for the victory over those fears!

No comments: