Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Simplicity

simplicity

I've got a dilemma. I've found what seems to be a dichotomous relationship between what I'm being taught in Bible College and the "real church world". One camp says to utilize the gifts of administration and vision to open up channels for the Holy Spirit to move and work in a more unhindered fashion in our churches. The other camp says any such administration and vision are an effort to yank the reigns from the Holy Spirit's leading and guidance of his church.

Are we afraid to exercise gifts of administration and vision because doing so requires effort? Or. Do we assume the posture of allowing the Spirit to lead, simply because it's easier? I will never question or compromise my belief in the importance of the Holy Spirit's leading. I'm asking why these opposing views have lined up as they are? Ironically these "camps" all reside in the same place - the body of Christ. I was told and I've subsequently found out that ministry was extremely rewarding but seldom easy.

To my relief and to my excitement, this Thursday, I get to spend some time with some guys I greatly admire and whom God is using to do some great things in their church. The topic - a review of the book Simple Church. Yeah, that's what I need right now.

No comments: