Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

God is Amazing

prayer
I might have used that title already, but it's truth makes it worth repeating. I was driving, on my way to work at the group home today and began to pray (with my eyes open). I was asking God to do something amazing during my shift, nothing in particular, just something amazing.


When the evening began to wind down, one of the residents came up to me and we started talking. We hadn't always gotten along real well, he was typically getting into trouble - starting fights, getting angry and being agressively disobediant. For the past several weeks I have noticed a change in him, especially how he was being more open and respectful toward me.


I was excited when tonight's conversation turned to God. I felt the Spirit whisper, "Tonight's his night." We talked for a while longer and I asked him if he had ever accepted Christ. He said that he often went to church as a child, but had never accepted Christ. I asked him if he would like to do that tonight, he said that he thought it was time.


We sat down at the table and prayed, It was a simple prayer in which he asked Jesus to forgive his sins and come into his life. I watched as his attitude and typical expression softened and changed. He asked me if I had my Bible and if I would read it with him - He HATES to read! But he wanted to read God's Word!


God is amazing! Thank you God for answering my prayer and for giving this young man hope and a future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Sort of makes it worth going to work!