Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Honesty and Transparency

As of today, I'm almost through the book entitled "Confessions of a Pastor" by Craig Groeschel.

It has been a breath of fresh air and has challenged me in so many ways. This past year my family and I have been through some things, some things that I erroneously thought that a Christian and especially a minister should be above or be immune to.

This book has really helped me to see my own humanity in a different light. What I have read is starting to sink in and, more importantly, change me.

I also am following the blogs of several staff members at a church near Columbus, Ohio who are attempting to go 21 days straight without complaining. It has been refreshing to follow and relate to the struggle such an attempt presents.

No comments: