Pages

Monday, October 1, 2007

WOW

I've spent a considerable amount of time during these past weeks in prayer, specifically in regard to the calling God has placed on my life and the ministry that the Holy Spirit is birthing in my heart. It is often so tempting, to look at things through our human eyes and say, "Nah, that could never happen, not here, not for me." I took a few minutes today and quickly scanned through yesterday's issue of the Today's Pentecostal Evangel. I was struck by a statement that Zollie Smith Jr. made after being elected as the director of US Missions.

He said something to the effect of, "Young people, your gift will make room for you, you must pray, you must be persistent, you must let everyone know that you have a mandate from God, and you must not shrink back."

Now, I know that I'm not as young as I used to be, but Brother Smith's words spoke to me. Particularly, "your gift will make room for you." Man, that encouraged me to dig in, to hold tight to that which God has called me and pray for it's fruition.

If you're discouraged, tired or have just received another letter telling you that you are not being considered for that ministry position that you applied for. Chin-up and know that God is working and will bring you into that calling, that vision and that destiny that he has ordained for you!

No comments: