Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Influence

A couple of months ago, after a time of prayer, I felt that the Holy Spirit was leading me to clean up the influences in my life. For me that means two areas, Facebook and TV. Mind you that I was not viewing anything bad or inherently wrong; however, I've learned that anyone or anything that does not influence me towards Christ is influencing me away from him. So I drastically thinned down the posts that I see on Facebook and my TV viewing is down to one show, 2-3 hours a week, when it's on.

The result? Incredible. I'm finding that I'm far more sensitive to the Holy Spirit's voice and the gift of discernment is sharper than ever. Several specific things that the Holy Spirit told me last week, have materialized in people's lives this week.

Do you want a closer relationship with Jesus and to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit? Watch who or what is influencing your life.

No comments: