Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tenacity

Yesterday, before leaving the office, I was startled to find a man walking down the hallway of the church building. After I extended a friendly greeting, he proceeded to invite me to his church. He gave me his pastor's phone number, directions to the church and another invite. He then asked about our affiliation and my role at the church. Soon after I responded, he encouraged me to come and try his church.

I must admit, I was a bit confused at either his reluctance to understand the situation or his misunderstanding of the same, but I couldn't help but admire his tenacity and his huge smile.

While I don't recommend going into another church to invite people to church, I wonder if, for no other reason than this man's willing effort, God smiled.

No comments: