Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

God's Big "NO's"

For the past several years, I have been "being schooled" on why God allows some to "have" more than others. I've come to two conclusions...


  1. Sometimes our own laziness, procrastination and lack of discipline keep us from experiencing some of the things that we would like to enjoy and possess. So the question that I ask myself here is, when it comes right down to it and in light of my in-action, do I really want what I think I do?
  2. God in his wisdom provides for our needs but sometimes, well, make that seldom, will he grant all of our desires. Perhaps, this is because he knows me so well.

I have come to a place in my life where I can say with the Apostle Paul in Philippians 1:21

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

Not because I dislike my life, on the contrary, my wife, our children and my calling bring great joy to my life. However, these are nothing compared to what Christ has been preparing for me and you.
If I had riches, fame and much of what the world teaches us to value, I might not have that viewpoint - indeed, in the past, I didn't.
Today, I'm thankful to God for his "No's" in my life. He is faithful in wisdom, provision and love.

No comments: