Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A New Season

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:"

- Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV

Ah, Fall! It's my favorite time of year. In these parts, the air is crisp and clean and just a few moments spent outside is invigorating. However, the Fall season signals change. If we looked at it as part of a circular pattern, it appears to indicate a descent toward an end, the end of the calendar year and the end to the warmth and life brought by Spring and Summer.

So why do I like it? I like Fall because of the changes it brings. No longer do I sweat through several shirts a day. No longer do we have to juggle schedules to ensure that our kids are being cared for and not "home alone" - argggghhhh! (McCauley Kulkin reference). Fall brings change.

Oddly enough, I have always embraced change. I have always experienced my greatest growth as a Christian and as a person through change. Robin and I are sensing a change in our lives. Whether it it be in ministry or some other aspect - God knows. But, whatever it is, we want to embrace it, learn from it, grow in it and celebrate it. Change matures us in Christ and develops the trust and faith required to follow God through the changes of our lives.

There is a time for everything - even change!

No comments: