Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Inconvienient

My wife, Robin, is away for about 27 hours this weekend. Yeah, I'm counting down the minutes until her return. I am really praying that she has a great time, that God moves by His Spirit at the convention and that her dog does NOT have her puppies while she is away.

Robin is the one who always helps our dogs deliver their pups - a task that I have not done. Just the thought of the, well, never mind.

I know it's selfish and childish of me to want Robin here to deal with a pregnant dog. Yeah, I can be a little selfish. I don't want the inconvenience of delivering puppies and then making sure that this first-time mother is taking care of them. See? I told you. Selfish, right?

However, many of us do this everyday in the spiritual realm of our lives. We don't want the inconvenience of bringing the tangible gospel to the unbelievers that we encounter everyday. Maybe we begrudge the idea of walking with new believers as the Spirit births them into a new level in Christ.

Interesting how selfishness doesn't enhance life, no matter if we're talking about people or puppies, souls or pets.

No comments: