Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Servant's <3

There was a time, not long ago, that people who readily served others - in the church, community or within an organization, where labeled as having a servant's heart. Lately those descriptive words have seemingly taken on a negative connotation.

Let me just say that having a servant's heart does not mean that one is easy, gullible or a glutton for punishment, Neither does it mean that such a person is wearing the mask of servant hood while desiring attention and, doing so, just to climb the ladder of success.

In my devotions today, I read where Jesus said (paraphrase) Whoever would be greatest must become your slave.

If God has gifted you with a servant's heart than I am writing this for you! Thank You! God will richly reward you. You inspire me.

No comments: