Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

God's Gonna Blow-It-Up Big!

On Saturday, July 19th, our church is putting on a community event called SUMMER BLAST. As part of my duties as the Associate Pastor, I have been in charge of delegating responsibilities to the many leaders and volunteers at Grace Fellowship. I am amazed at the tremendous amount of servant-hearted people that God has blessed our church with. People have really taken whatever I have passed to them and are running with it. They are awesome!

One area that I have focused on, personally, is securing bands to play both inside the sanctuary and on the outside stage. We had scheduled a contemporary/gospel band to play inside and two Christian Rock bands to play outside. The tale begins here...

Monday, July 7, 9:30 AM - I get a phone call from one of the bands scheduled to play the outside stage, informing me that they can no longer participate in the event. No problem, after all I have almost two weeks to find a replacement, right?

Wednesday, July 8, 10:00 AM - My cell rings again, this time it is the other band very apologetically bowing out. At that point I had two options,(1)freak-out and allow the stress to pull my focus away from God's purposes, or, (2) go to God in prayer and ask for his help. Ok, I admit it, after freaking out a wee bit, I started praying. Within the hour from that time, God had given us another 2 bands, a pro sound and light stage and a lead guitarist with an incredible testimony! Oh yeah, the bands,who played the main stage at the Alive Festival this year, are playing for free.

We haven't even had the event yet and God gave us 28 visitors in church yesterday, brought about by the contacts made in preparation for this event! We have no idea how many people will be at this event but we are praying and believing God to work in and touch every life.
We will follow the event on Saturday by inviting all of the guests to FRIEND DAY on Sunday.
God is doing something amazing!

No comments: