Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Transparent Word of Caution

Yellow flag
I would rather have one honest word spoken to me than a whole book of flattery. Yesterday, Robin and I spent some time together, driving to one of the locations where we are considering ministering. We have this thing, whenever we are making a decision, we go to the place that best represents the decision and pray. So, we sat in a parking lot and prayed.

While part of me was full of excitement, I felt the Holy Spirit put a check into my heart. It wasn't a slamming door, or a definitive answer to our prayers, just a feeling that we were to use caution and prayerfully weigh our options to determine God's purposes.

Little did I know, just a hundred yards away, the pastor of the church, was in a room praying about the possibility of our coming, and was feeling a check in his spirit. It wasn't until a phone conversation, today that those checks had more clarity.

I never want to take for granted the importance of an honest word; it is refreshing and shows that we truly care, not only about what God wants, but for each other. God is still confirming his call for us to begin our vocational ministry; however, where that call is leading remains to be seen. Faith- Dave - Faith

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad you are listening instead of acting compulsively. God may have been getting the whale ready to strike...